As a Lead Tester for BreakAway you will be responsible in contributing to the game/software development process, providing consistent in-depth QA testing, with focus on (sometimes multiple) game and educational projects and products. These projects will be on a wide range of formats (PC and Mac, tablets, phones, and also multiple Web browsers). You will be working with (and must be able to clearly communicate and express ideas) our QA team, as well as other members of the Development and Production Teams.
The primary responsibilities of the position include the ability to:
- Identify, troubleshoot, and appropriately report bugs for assigned projects
- Act as the primary tester for one or more projects
- Assist QA Manager and design team in the creation and execution of comprehensive test plans
- Communicate clearly and effectively with producer and development staff
- Discuss QA priorities and goals with QA manager on a regular basis to ensure product quality targets and deadlines.
- Provide strong focus and motivated work in efforts, when working to achieve testing and project milestones and deadlines.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Mentor part-time and temporary QA staff on proper QA methodology and practice
- Work to co-ordinate test times with other QA and staff members, for multiplayer games and projects.
- Help QA Manager to create test checklists, testing answer guides, etc.
- Suggest ideas that contribute to the overall improvement of the game, consider the impact of your suggestions on the overall game
Candidates must demonstrate the following skills:
- Understanding of Quality Assurance process and methodologies
- Knowledge of the game development lifecycle and process from concept to delivery
- Excellent problem solving, oral and written communication skills, multitasking, and scheduling skills including project timeline projections
- Familiarity with bug tracking systems and processes
- Ability to submit detailed bug reports, regress bugs, and verify bug fixes
- Familiarity with different Web browser types (IE/Edge, FireFox, Chrome, Safari)
- Flexibility in the face of changing requirements, feature sets, and release schedules and ability to act proactively
- Proven attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Candidate must possess:
- HS Diploma
- A college degree is preferred
Candidate must possess:
- 3 or more years in the games/software devel industry
- A great passion for games, as well as pride in personal and team efforts to achieve results.
While not required, the following skills are desirable:
- An interest in working with various subjects & types of software (Educational, Historical, Medical & Science based, Military and Entertainment gaming).
- A deep interest in computers, gaming, and technology.
Please send resume along with any samples of your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org